Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Heaven - Glorious destination

 

“A better place”

A young person asked, ‘why does God allow death’ – my answer – ‘because God has something better on the other side.’

My dear friend I visit, rejoiced to hear the words

“I am waiting for the dawning of that bright and blessed day,

When the darksome night of sorrow shall have vanished far away,

When forever with the Saviour, far beyond this vale of tears,

I shall swell the song of worship

Through the everlasting years..”

 

Hebrews 11

“All these faithful ones died without receiving what God had promised them, but they saw it from a distance…..  They were looking for a better place, a heavenly homeland.

That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a heavenly city for them.”

 

Am I bogged down in the vain hope of this world being that ‘better place’.?  Or am I proclaiming the glorious Gospel of a heavenly hope through a once crucified, now risen Lord Jesus? This the only thing that will change the world for good and create hope beyond this short life. True faith is not bound by time and space. It sees the invisible – God Himself.

No comments: