Pages

Friday, August 23, 2024

Promises

 

School lesson too discouraging – Ten men (spies) who discouraged the people from going forward in faith. Rather than trusting in the promises of God, they preferred the comfort of Egypt.

So God turned them back into the wilderness for fourty years with this indictment:

“They have disobeyed and tested Me too many times.” Numbers 14:23   They got what they wanted and sorrow therewith.

So I changed the content to next terms lessons, to include the great and precious promises given to those who follow the Lord:

God has said “I will never fail you, I will never forsake you.”  Hebrews 13.5

“If we confess our sins to HIM, He is faithful and just to forgive

us our sins.”  1 John 1

God showed how much He loves us by sending His only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him”  1 John 4

“My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me. I give them Eternal Life and they will never perish.” John 10

Jesus said:  “In My Fathers house are many rooms. I am going to prepare a place for you… that where I am, there you may be also” John 14

Who would be so foolish as to ignore such promises of God’s grace!

And yet many do – with little hope in this life and none in the next.


johnmckee@internode.on.net


No comments: