Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023/2024

 

As  the year 2023 comes to a close, we do well to reflect on the past and think about the future.

The questions worth considering:

1        What special blessings have we enjoyed from the Lord in the last year?

2        Did we leave a good example for others to follow?

3        Was there a lesson to be learned?

4        How much storing up treasure in heaven happened?

5        Did we spend enough time worshiping the Lord in private?

6        Were we in control or was the Lord Jesus in control?

7        What was the ratio of prayer time/screen time/pleasure

8        Was any one impacted by the evangelism we did?

9        Who was the most important person in our life in 2023?

And how about 2024?

Planning? Budgeting?  Well, yes I am writing up my diary with birthdays  and phone numbers. But a certain poem is most helpful:

 

God holds the key of all unknown and I am glad

If other hands should hold the key

Or if He trusted it to me , I might be sad.

 

The very dimness of my sight makes me secure

For groping in my misty way

I feel HIS hand, I hear HIM say

‘My help is sure, My help is sure’

 

I cannot read His future plans but this I know

I have the smiling of HIS face

And all the refuge of HIS grace

While here below.


May all my readers be blessed with a deeper knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord.

No comments: