Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Easter


A question has come in. 'How did you celebrate Easter?'

I took time out to remember Jesus Christ the LORD.  I pondered who He really was and is.  Then I read the Bible to discover more about why He died on the cross. I found many parts of the Bible explained Him rising from the dead to show His claims of being the Son of God were true. As I meditated on these things, the Holy Spirit brought to my mind the many Bible verses about where He is now – in heaven. So to celebrate I sang to the Lord this song.

Thank you Jesus,
Thank you Lord for loving me
You went to Calvary and there you died for me
Thank you Lord for loving me

Thank you Jesus,
Thank you Lord for loving me,
You rose up from the grave
To me new life you gave
Thank you Lord for loving me

Thank you Jesus
Thank you Lord for loving me
You're coming back again
And we with you shall reign
Thank you Lord for loving me.

These are truths a Christian can and should enjoy every day, not just once a year.
 Did I go somewhere to celebrate – a quiet place. Did we eat special food – no.  Did we perform some ritual – no. Did we dress up  - no. Was God happy? – Jesus said
 "The Father seeks those who worship in spirit and in truth" (John 4)

Many centuries ago the LORD said:
"Thus says the One who is high and lifted up one, who inhabits eternity,  whose name is holy.
"I dwell in the high and holy place and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit.
To revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite."  (Isaiah 57:15)

Next blog – what Easter is all about.

johnmckee@internode.on.net

No comments: