Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Despair or hope

 

We seldom hear from those who are really suffering. So let Jeremiah speak up for them:

“The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time as I grieve over my loss.

Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:

‘The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.

Great is Thy faithfulness. His mercies begin afresh each day.

I will say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore I will hope in Him.”

The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for Him and seek Him.’

So what is the best thing I can do for the many migrants moving into this city? I teach them English, show friendship, help with citizenship as a matter of Christian compassion. Their stories of suffering are extreme. Ultimately I want them to find security, safety and fulfillment in knowing the LORD God of Jeremiah! He, in His faithfulness has brought me through tough times and I delight to say to Him:  ‘Great is Your faithfulness”

JRM

No comments: