Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Gratitude

 

Today is extremely hot!

Most people complain. I have chosen to count my blessings.

I thank the LORD above, for circumstances so congenial (when many suffer constantly). For health to live for HIM. For a wife of 50 years, faithful and supportive in the work of God. Thankful that HIS promises we have proved – seek first the kingdom of God, and HE has added so much  - food and clothes, house and cars, employment and friends. A family who love and time to serve,  time to meditate and rest.

I thank the LORD for His Holy Spirit, who, in spite of my unworthiness and incapacity, enables me to enjoy the Bible. Even when the precious truth rebukes me, how good it is to know that God still speaks to those who take the time to listen.

I count myself blessed to be a ‘nobody’ yet having many friends – facebook friends, friends in the neighbourhood, friends in schools, friends among migrants, friends in other countries. For those special people who have supported us in the tough times – thank you for being instruments in the hand of God to give us hope and love.

Well , last week we had a big hailstorm, but the silver lining is the sight of dead grass turning green and the birds are singing. We prove again:

“God causes everything to work together for the good of those  who love Him, and are called according to His purpose for them.” (Romans 8:28)

One continues to count so many blessings but the page is ending.

By HIS grace I encourage all my readers to take time out :

‘Count your blessings, name them one by one…. And it will surprise you what the LORD has done!’

Write them down and maybe create a post of gratitude. (instead of grumblitude!)

John  (which means God is gracious)

No comments: