A distinctive of Christ
When one surveys the religions of the world, the politics of the world and the business of the world, one thing is common – the promotion of oneself.
Jesus Christ was so different.
· He never promoted Himself
· He did not seek His own glory or power
· He did not deny His claim to being the Son of God, the Messiah but He did tell those He healed, not to tell others
· He told the followers who discovered who He really was, not to tell anyone
· When they would make Him a king, He left them
· His was a life of service, not power and glory by human reckoning
· It appeared that He was crucified in weakness
· When He was insulted , He did not retaliate
· During His final suffering, He did not threaten to get even
· When risen from the dead, He did not use His power to take revenge
· At the right hand of the Majesty in the heavens, He is long suffering, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (have the opportunity to be saved)
Soon He will return to earth.
The day of His glory will soon come, and holy vengeance will be executed. But the brilliant hope of the Christian is this – He will appear in glory, to be admired in all those that believe!
I do pray that all who read this page are true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.