One night a distressed man asked the question:
"What must I do to be saved?"
The answer was simple and sufficient:
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved and your household."
Read the whole event in the Bible – Acts 16
If you my reader are seeking the Lord, desiring to be saved from your sinful situation and saved from hell, then read the promise again. It is true, if you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you will be saved! And your conversion to Christ will influence your whole family.
For those who want to know more, let me expand the details of the promise.
Believe – Believing on Him, not just about Him
Believe is to accept who He claimed to be – the Son of God, the Messiah, the Lord from heaven.......
Believing is to trust upon His promises for forgiveness of sin and the gift of eternal life.
More important than faith, is the object of faith (the one believed on). Who He is, is the most important question you will ever consider. Let me explain and I encourage you to research this for yourself.- LORD JESUS CHRIST
LORD – He claimed to have existed in heaven before He was born of Mary.
- He fulfilled many Old Testament prophecies that presented Him as the LORD, Jehovah.
- He demonstrated His Lordship over Satan, sickness, sin for 33 years of service.
- He sent out His apostles with the Good news to all nations. He is Lord for all people.
JESUS - History verifies His birth of Mary, His life of purity, piety and power.
- His teaching was in wisdom excelling all others
- His compassion was real to all who felt their need of God
- This perfect man as crucified (as He predicted)
- Now He lives in heaven, enthroned at the right hand of God, able to save all who come to God by HIM.
CHRIST - God the Father anointed Him with the Holy Spirit to fulfil the promises of the anticipated Messiah (Christ). The Old Testament predicted what the Messiah would be like and what He would do. For example:
Moses predicted He would " speak the words of God"
Isaiah's prophecy -that He would be a suffering Messiah
-As the Christ He alone will be the Saviour of the world
- He will be the final King of Kings and Lord of Lords
- He waits today to save people from Satan, sin and hell
- Soon He will return to judge the world, then to restore righteousness and peace.
Many claim greatness, even some claim to be the Christ, but He alone is anointed to fulfil the great plans of God.
So we are presented with a choice –
to believe in Him or to reject Him.
The question was asked by a judge – "What shall I do then with Jesus who is called the Christ?" Your answer will determine your eternity!
Bible references for the above truths are available from email@example.com