Pages

Friday, June 12, 2020

God at work


The evidence of God in a Christian.

A person becomes a Christian by believing in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Jesus Christ lived a perfect life, died as a sacrifice for our sins and rose again from the dead.

One of the first evidences of the holy spirit changing a person is their desire to worship God through the Lord Jesus Christ. Worship is the adoration of the LORD God and may include singing.

The developing evidence will be the changed life. Instead of a self centred life will be the following:
"Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control."   (Galatians 5:22)

Let me explain.
To love as God the Father loves – even our enemies.

To have joy in knowing God as Father, one who cares and responds to those who seek Him.

Living in peace, trusting the Lord through the storms and necessities of life.

A kindness that conquers self interest for the benefit of others.

Goodness is the response to need- a generosity unusual.

Faithfulness is rare. To be trustworthy in word and action – no lies or deceit.

Gentleness instead of anger and violence is the evidence of God at work.

Self-control is the ability to restrain reaction to provocation by others. We are all tempted to react too harshly or too kindly.

When God by His Holy Spirit is working in our lives, this will be the fruit (evidence).

These evidences can be seen in the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ when He taught – see Matthew 5-7
Please notice these evidences are not natural – some might be seen in 'good people'. They are best seen in those who acknowledge that "in me, that is in my flesh dwells no good thing".  Again – "I am crucified with Christ ... and the life that I now live , I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me"  (Galatians 2:20)

How does this work:

The Bible is God's word
I am unworthy, a sinner
I will trust in Jesus Christ as my LORD and my GOD
I will obey Him

Then you can taste the love, joy, peace the Holy Spirit gives.

johnmckee@internode.on.net

No comments: