Pages

Friday, October 21, 2016

Why



 ‘Going our own way’

Some of the reasons why people do not believe.

1.       The Lord Jesus was too lowly, too insignificant to the big thinking people. The prophet asked – ‘Who has believed our report?’  - so few believed  because His appearing on earth was meek and lowly. He was to most people a nobody, coming from nowhere. To the religious Jews He was a stumbling block and to the Gentiles it was foolishness.

2.     To  some He is too great – to believe in Him means change. To acknowledge that I am wrong, that His word is true and His authority is complete, is more than human pride allows.

3.     So many more reasons: to please a spouse, afraid of change, confused by multiple religions, hurt by a church, a past life to hide, objecting to hypocrisy, choosing to stand aloof from Christianity, preoccupied with other things or money.
The Lord Jesus told a story of a wedding feast. Some were invited, but they made excuse. “They paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business while the rest seized his servants and treated them shamefully” (Matthew 22)

Perhaps you could add to the list! I would be interested to know!

Well after all the excuses,  remember the Lord Jesus Christ continues to say:
“Come to Me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11;28).

It is human nature to blame others, but finally we will face the Lord Jesus for our own decision.  How tragic for Him to say “I never knew you”. He is for you. God loves you. This is not about choosing a church or pleasing people. It is about  a direct connection with the Lord Jesus. Take time out today to kneel and pray:   ‘Lord I need you. I need your forgiveness, I need your love, mercy and grace. Lord I trust you to save me, to belong to you forever. Thank you for coming from heaven to die for me,  and now I believe in You as my Lord and my Saviour.’
Remember the promise:

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”  -Romans 10.13

I give this warning  because I care.
John McKee

No comments: