Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Reaction to sin


Contrition 

Oxford dictionary – 'Sorrowing for one's sin'

Of course in our day, contrition is out of date. Most behave as if sin does not exist. Maybe a mistake, or a bad choice.

God is offended by all sin but finds a place to connect with those who own up to their sin and are sorry for it.
The LORD is against the arrogant and the proud who insist on their own righteousness. He rightly judges such..

A quote from the LORD
" I dwell in the high and holy place, and with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit"        Isaiah 57:18

And nothing is more important than His presence with us.
There are times when God is rightly angry, but He is the great restorer, the redeemer, the rescuer, the reconciler!

The best attitude  - "God be merciful to me the sinner"
                         "Lord restore my soul"

And He will !!!

Jesus Christ the Lord said:

"Behold I stand at the door (of the heart) and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with Me"     Revelation 3:20

"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, 
and My Father will love him, 
and we will come to him and make our home with him."   John 14:23

Take the humble place and enjoy the presence of the LORD God with you each day

johnmckee@internode.on.net

No comments: