Our greatest need
We live so much for the present. We pray so much for our comfort and health and wealth . When the Lord Jesus was here, He cared for people in their human needs, but pointed to the greatest need – to be right with God.
He identified our troubles as coming from Satan and ourselves. This means instead of seeking remedies for our discomfort, we rather need to be right with God.
The beginning is to repent:
- to be honest about our wandering ways,
- to confess our sins
- to admit that we listen more to the Devil’s media than we do to the word of God
- to own up to the reality that we have not given God the honour and worship He deserves.
Our greatest blessing
To anyone who takes this humble place of saying “God is right and I have been wrong” – to all such the blessings of God flow like a river.
- Forgiveness is given to all who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Eternal life is a gift for all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ
- A new kind of life is commenced for all who choose to follow Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit lives in all who yield to Jesus Christ as Lord
- Hope and purpose are real in life and eternity for everyone who trusts in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- And His present help in all the stresses and troubles of life is very real. He does not promise a trouble free life, but He does promise to be with us so that we can be overcomers.
Please notice that His blessings are not what we earn – they are free gifts of His love, paid for by the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Start reading the Bible in John chapter 1
“To as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become the children of God, even to those who believed in His Name.” John 1.12
A Bible free is available if you do not have one