Pages

Friday, March 8, 2024

Hope beyond today

 

An unusual verse from Isaiah 49:4

“My work all seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose at all. Yet I leave it all in the Lord’s hand; I will trust God for my reward.”

In this Messianic section, we are caused to ponder the three and half years that Jesus served among the people. And at the end it all seemed to be a failure. He died very much alone. It was resurrection that changed the story.

Is there someone reading this who feels the same pain? You have served God as best you are able, and the results are discouraging.

I know many who have yielded all for Christ and seemingly “failed”!

Read this verse in your own Bible. Then that remember the Lord God, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ operates on the long range view and ‘everyone shall have praise of God’. In the day when the heavenly account keeper opens the books, then we’ll understand!

No comments: