Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Early days

 

"Seek the Lord while He may be found, call on Him while He is near"

This Bible verse from Isaiah 55 was special to me as a child. As I listened to the gospel about the Lord Jesus Christ dying for my sins, dying to make me right with God, I would pray the words of an old hymn-

'Pass me not O gentle Saviour

Hear my humble cry

While on others Thou art calling

Do not pass me bye.'

He answered the desire of my heart, and after 57 years of knowing His love and grace, nothing is better than time alone with Him.

Another old hymn that I learned from my Mother's record player, remains precious :

'I come to the garden alone

While the dew is still on the roses (as this morning)

And the voice I hear falling on my ear

The Son of God discloses

And He walks with me and He talks with me

And He tells me I am His own

And the joy we share as we tarry there

None other has ever known'

Many have known that precious experience of seeking the Lord and finding Him (Him finding us)

See  www.asiaharvest.org  for story of Mr Chen.

Sometimes I feel like asking "why me?"   - but the answer quickly comes from Ephesians 1

"for the praise of HIS glory"



johnmckee@internode.on.net


No comments: